Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Let's Try This Again

You might have noticed that there is quite a gap between this Blogger post and the previous Blogger post. That's if you consider three years to be a long time. I guess I hadn't completely growed up, as I had then stated. I continued to blog on Xanga for a while.

I've now been on blogging hiatus for six months. My reason for the break are manifold and include the fact that I do not have an internet connection at my home and my aforementioned Xanga-fatigue.

At some point during my hiatus, I was chatting with a friend who mentioned that they missed my postings. I did state to my friend that I was considering starting up again and taking my time posting--perhaps typing something out on word processor, saving the file, revising it, and uploading it when I have access to the internets. I posited posting once a week or so, or maybe just a couple times a month. After all, that's all the frequent I was ever really posting.

It turns out that that sort of leisurely, deliberate blogging has a name: slow blogging. It also seems to gaining in popularity, if this New York Times piece is any indication. Who knew that I was years ahead of this trend?

So this is my triumphal return to the blogosphere. I can't say with what frequency I will post. Or on what topics. But during these long, cold mountain winters, it will be nice to reconnect with the outside world, even if in an impersonally digital way.