Tuesday, March 23, 2004

The phone rang three times in the middle of the night. It seemed like they were one right after the other, but the messages on my voice mail recorded two at about 4:30 and the third about 6:30. No one spoke, just a bunch of background noise. It was almost as though someone accidently dialed my number. Three times. In the dead of night. I suppose when you think about it like that, it makes perfectly good sense.

Speaking of perfect sense and the dead of night, while in class this morning, I randomly recalled part of a dream I had last night. I was home, going to Mass with the family at St. Mary's. However, instead of using the altar at the front, they had set up a table on the side of the church and everybody sat in the pews sideways. Then the priest stopped a minute after he had started and announced, "Anyone who wants to wear robes, can," and some people went into the sacristy and came out in red vestments.

What the hell does that mean? And why did it come to me during Nietzsche?