Friday, October 15, 2004

I'm minutes from skipping town. Corey and I are headed to the Oak for the weekend. I thought I'd invite him as repayment for our trip to Dubuque in June. Little does he know, I get the better deal: RO is a fraction of the size of DBQ with even less fun things to do. The only thing its got going for it is my parents....

Speaking of which, the other day Mom called me on my cellular telephone to inform me that there would be hors d'oeuvres and wine upon our arrival tonight. I was honored until I learned that this was not so much for Corey and me as it was for an open house at the new Hy-Vee Wine and Spirits, an event open to the public which Dad is expected to attend. Either way, Mom said, following the open house, my parents will procure libations for the weekend's festivities and cook steaks for dinner.

I can't figure out why I don't visit them more often.