Tuesday, October 26, 2004

My number one result for the Christian Denomination Selector is the Roman Catholic Church.

Thank God. I was at the Center last night and Kate was talking about this quiz a friend had sent her. My results suggest that I actually believe the truths the Church professes, which is more than can be said for others who have taken the highly scientific quiz....

In non-Jesus related news, I ran into my freshman roommate, Jestin, yesterday. Good to see him. He told me that he is graduating in December, the lucky bastard. Right now, May is too long off for me.

Red Oak was a nice break from all this school crap, though. Corey and I got there about 6:00 Friday and found the parents drinking at Hy-Vee Wine and Spirits. Took Corey on a tour of town Saturday, but realized yesterday that I didn't show him the fairgrounds. Looks like a return trip is in order. Especially if Mom and Dad cook like they did; it was the best I'd eaten in a long time. The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful. The best part was not having to be anywhere or do anything specific. Except, of course, Mass, which was one of the most beautiful experiences I've had at St. Mary's. Definite grace.

Preparing myself for the Halloween party extravaganza that Nick is throwing this weekend. I'm sure you've heard about it--there are giant billboards posted all over campus announcing it. So put on your costume and stop by the Olive Pit on Saturday night. The band starts at midnight.

It should be interesting.