Sunday, March 20, 2005

Went to the Quad Cities Thursday till Sunday to hang out with Josh and Volesky. Nicole and Teri came down, too. It was nice to get out of town for a couple days. I really hadn't planned on staying till Saturday, but Josh convinced me to stick around to watch the Panthers' game Friday night, which we did in between nurcing Teri, who'd come down with stomach flu.

Back to work at the Stephen's this afternoon helping out with the RCIA retreat and Reconciliation service, which reminded me of my confession last week. I recieved the sacrament at St. Ed's in Waterloo. The young priest there looks a little like SNL's Will Forte with a quasi-mullet.

That may sound a little demeaning since the man takes his vocation very seriously. After I'd confessed my sins, he asked, "Did you recieve the Eucharist with these sins on your heart?" I'd never been asked that before, and I was really touched. What a witness to how much he believes that Jesus is truly present in the Eucharist.

This is Holy Week. Live it differently than any other week of the year. It is the week that changed the world.