Monday, May 04, 2009

I Know What You're Thinking

You're thinking that I've forgotten about you again. That I was so ambitious and excited to blog again, but now I've lost steam. That you haven't heard from me in a couple weeks, so there must not be much going on.

That is the farthest thing from the truth. In fact, I have been pretty busy. Please allow me to enumerate using my trademark bullet points some of the things that have been occupying my time.
  • I took a class in Denver called "Understanding the Catholic Gospel." I drove down to the Archdiocese's John Paul II Center for the New Evangelization every Wednesday for eight weeks. Had I only been a little more patient; now the instructor is offering it as a distance class.
  • I've started working with Aimee Cooper, my Gospel class instructor, in training for door-to-door evangelization. We're going around the student neighborhoods and campus of CU Boulder. Don't worry, I'll post more about this soon.
  • Estes got two feet of snow the weekend of April 17, so I spent countless hours shovelling the driveway. It was a wet, heavy snow that weighed down the pines, broke lots of branches, and even toppled a 30-foot tree in my neighbor's yard. On top of that I lost power much of that Friday night and some of Saturday. Good times, good times.
  • Summer is slowly creeping up on us at the Y. Among other things, we're starting to open up cabins that have been closed for the winter; I've been making overtimes the past few weeks helping with that. That's the main reason why I've been scarce around here. (Which reminds me: Would you be interested in a summer job here?)
  • This weekend I've a trip planned to Chicago. This was the second-choice destination for my spring vacation (first choice was Seattle to visit Sarah, but my entourage wasn't able to make that trip). Will be meeting up with old college friends Tonia. Lacy, Andy and Ryan, who has graciously offered to cram us into his apartment and herd us around the Windy City.
Expect the next post to recap the Chicago trip. There might even be pictures on which your eyeballs may gaze....