Monday, March 29, 2004

Stumbled across an interesting article by Bishop Thomas J. Olmsted of Phoenix. Do you suffer from the "Catholic (or Christian) but..." Syndrome?

It will be a day or two before I can write about The Da Vinci Code because I have lots of fun philosophy mini-papers to write. But to answer cousin Robbie's question "How do you have time for pleasure reading?": I don't usually read for leisure during the school year because I just don't have the time. I borrowed the book from a friend in January and finally picked it up over spring break when I spent a good six hour chunk reading the first half. I finished the other half last Friday night (technically, Saturday morning at 4:00am) in another five hours. I won't be able to start anymore pleasure reading until May because I can't afford to spend that amount of time on anything but Nietzsche, Heidegger, Aquinas, the New Testament epistles, Craft of Fiction classmates' writing, and more.

Fun stuff, huh?