Monday, April 12, 2004

I fasted all last week leading up to Easter, eating only one meal a day. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. My roommates said I was really pissy, but I didn't notice much affect on my attitude. It made me aware of just how affluent America is. When we feel even the slighest pang of hunger, we can grab for that candy bar, open the fridge and make a sandwich, or take a trip to the grocery store. How many other countries enjoy the same luxury? No wonder we're a nation of fat asses (No offense, Fat Club).

Easter Vigil was glorious: brass quintet, candles, incense, the works. Got a little choked up during the Litany of the Saints and when Matt was baptized, but it was all I could not to weep like a child during the Consecration and while receiving the Body and Blood. I'm a blubbering idiot.

Had Sunday Dinner last night. We had kabobs. I assume they were good but couldn't really taste them due to this disgusting head cold I came down with yesterday afternoon.

The best news of the evening was that Nick, Lauren, and Ben finally forced their roommate Matt to move out on Saturday. Apparently it was an ugly scene involving screaming and crying on the part of Matt. They changed the locks Sunday morning and were in good spirits that evening, having been freed from the cocaine-induced tantrums and the living room drug deals. I toasted to the two reasons for celebration that day: the Resurrection and the Eviction.