Tuesday, May 04, 2004

It was a year ago, the Tuesday of finals week, when I got the call from the Y to go out to Colorado. Everything has been reminding me of the Y lately.

Tara and I had dinner Friday and reminisced over margaritas. We both realized how much we miss the Y and how special the time there really was. She said that looking back it was a good thing for her to be around people with some direction and faith, one of the nudges she needed to help her become Catholic. She and her mom filled out an application for her sister hoping it would be a positive influence.

Then Sunday at a dinner at St. Stephen's I overheard a girl at another table mention working at Snow Mountain Ranch, the sister site to Estes Park Center, this summer. My ears perked up, and I leaned over to talk. And last night I was feeling nostalgic so I reread all my posts from last summer. Good times, good times.

So I'm half regretting my decision not to return to the Y this summer and seriously considering going back after graduating next year. We'll have to see how that works out.