Thursday, June 09, 2005

My roommate Matt had broken his arm a month before he came out to work at the Y. He went into Loveland Tuesday to have it looked at by a doctor there, and things weren't so good. It wasn't healing quite right and needed to have his orginal doctor take care of it. So yesterday morning, after two weeks in Colorado, Matt packed up his stuff and headed back to Virginia for good.

The HR director told him that he won't be able to be hired again because he broke his contract, which I think is a load of crap.

Housekeeping and Laundry departments are understaffed, so I got up Monday and Tuesday mornings to work an extra hour in Laundry at 7:00am. Family, friends, and roommates know that me getting up that early is a miracle. Will also be working a day of overtime tomorrow.

Shout out to fellow Xangan Sara, who I met briefly in Laundry Tuesday morning. Also happy birthday to Luke, whose is 23 today.