Friday, July 08, 2005

The Y's Fourth of July parade was better this year than two years ago. Housekeeping had a massive entry, headed up by Brad's drill corps (of which I was a part, mop handles substituting for rifles), followed by the mop-wielding flag squad, and several vans decked out in red, white, and blue. We tied the livery for Most Enthusiastic.

Went to Pole Hill that night with David, Matt, Lucas, Christine, and Rustic Cafe Tina (not to be confused with Housekeeping Office Manager Tina) to see the fireworks. Good times, good times.

I arrived at work Tuesday morning to find the van I was to drive decorated with balloons and streamers for my birthday. The windows were painted with "Wave! It's Seth's Birthday!" and the windshield read "He's 24!" with a box drawn in front of the driver's seat. Got a few more thumbs up and waves than usual.

Then a bunch of people showed up that evening for a suprise party at the Pondo, where we had ice cream cake. I am but a humble man, and all this was a little too much, but's it's nice that my friends wanted to go all just for me.

And to top it off, I got my birthday cigar.