Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Shameless Plug

If I may take a break from my curling coverage for a moment, I'm going to do a little recruiting....

I'd like to let people know that it's time to fill out and send your application to work at the YMCA of the Rockies this summer. Now perhaps I am a bit biased, but I must say that the Estes Park Center is the place to be.

College students--or freshly graduated high school or college seniors, or teachers on summer break, or retired folks (so basically anyone)--who want a unique summer experience need look no farther than Estes Park. The Y has the atmosphere of a college campus and offers a honest day's work and plenty of leisure, all nestled in the glory of the Colorado Rockies.

There are dozens of positions in the programs, food service, buildings and grounds, and housekeeping departments (where the most fun is had). A complete list of positions can be found here.

If you've worked here before, you should consider returning. One of my great regrets is not returning the Y in 2004, the year after my first summer. So come back; you know you want to.

If you know somebody else who wants to do something different for the summer, pass along this idea. And feel free to contact me with questions.