Saturday, December 30, 2006

Digging Out

My, my; what a couple of weeks.

First of all, I did in fact purchase a "new" car--a forest green 2000 Buick Regal with leather seats and other luxuries--for only slightly more than the settlement for the Malibu. Unfortunately, my sister thinks this car is as grandmotherly as my former one; Tina, however, thinks it's "sporty."

I haven't moved the car in a week and a half, though, because we've had a little bit of snow. Last week's blizzard delivered two feet and more on the whole eastern part of the state, and just as we had dug out, Estes got an additional two feet dumped on us Thursday.

The thing that's frustrated me the most about these storms is the fact that the road I live on has not been plowed. Ever. So there's two feet of new snow on top of two feet that's been packed down by the people fortunate enough to own four-wheel drive vehicles.

The day after Christmas I contacted the real estate agency that does the property management for my landlady following several fruitless attempts at discussion with Kathy, whose speech was affected by a stroke a few years ago. Apparently, no one knows who is responsible for having the road plowed. I haven't heard back from the realtor, and of course they didn't go to work yesterday or today. I've never been impressed by this agency and this is another reason to add to the list.

You can be sure that I'm going to rain down hellfire. That'll melt the snow.