Sunday, November 18, 2007

What the Huck?!

I voted for Ralph Nader in the 2000 presidential election. In fact, I even gave the campaign a little bit of money and promotion in the form of a t-shirt that read "Bush and Gore make me want to Ralph."

I like a little bit of irreverent humor, especially in politics, so when I saw this new TV ad that is to begin running in Iowa tomorrow, I about died:

Now, this will probably resonate with voters my age and younger more than the senior citizens. Perhaps it will spark interest in Huckabee's campaign, and draw people to his website to learn more about him.

I'm very interested in Mike Huckabee. I find his stance on issues--abortion, immigration, education, big government, and especially the fair tax--appealing. And he's talking about vertical politics ("Will this candidate lift us up or bring us down?"), rather than horizontal politics ("Is this candidate's views left or right?"). It would be interesting if Huckabee and Obama were the major parties' nominees.

Iowans, remember if you're interested in participating in the January caucuses and you're an independent like myself, you'll have to change your party affiliation to Republican or Democrat for the respective caucuses. You can always change back afterward.