Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Out of Shape at 27?

Facebook, how did you know?

Every other ad on the left side of Facebook pages I view seems to be one showing some guy's bare chest and abs with a title like "Out of shape at 27?" (A week ago, it was "26 and out of shape?").

It might as well say "Hey, Tons of Fun, wish you could bend over to tie your shoes?"

Yes, in fact, I do.

I've put on quite a bit of weight since I started my sedentary office job two years ago. And I've gotten sick of it. So about a month or so ago, as a way to ease back into regular exercise, I began a two month "couch-to-5K" running program. It's interval training, alternating between walking and jogging. The first few times it wasn't that fun, but now it's gotten surprisingly easy to do.

Sunday after Mass I went walking with a friend who said, "You look like you're losing weight." I haven't noticed too much of a difference, but then I see myself everyday; she hadn't seen me in a couple weeks.

I do know that it'll be easier to hike with the fambly next week. Though not sure about doing Longs....