Sunday, July 27, 2003

I was in Safeway looking for dinner last night after Mass when I was suddenly hit by a tidalwave of angst. It was in the freezer section (no offense, Dad) surrounded by a couple of people bickering over different flavors of ice cream when I realized, I don't want to be here anymore. I was annoyed by the tourists and missing family, friends, and familiar surroundings.

I called a couple of friends--Tonia and Lacy--who had sent me ten pounds of candy in a care package earlier this week, and I felt much better. We had fun at work today, too, which helped.

Someone had found a bottle of holy water yesterday and brought it in to our office manager, Tina. She got a real chuckle out of it, because in addition to "instructions" and the Prayer to St. Michael, the bottle reads "Dispels the Devil." I told her that I wanted it, but she refuses to give it up.

More later.