Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Had gone to bed last night to the sound of elk bugling--which is something like the screeching metal of a car accident or a bad squeak on a clarinet-- and two bucks munching on grass below the window.

The mountains where shrouded in fog when I woke up this morning, and it was darker than usual. The window had been open all night so room was crisp, and I didn't want to get out from under the blanket.

Two of my three crew members (both Romanians) didn't show up for work, which meant that it would have only been me and international Levi, which I could not have handled even though we only had seven lodge rooms to clean.

Levi does more talking than working. He's had some run-ins with other crew leaders due to his poor work ethic. He doesn't cause me too much grief, considering we're kindred spirits: he was at the Y Camp Abe Lincoln in the Quad Cities before coming here. (He may or may not know W; I've been unable to get this information from him. This may be because, as another crew leader, Mary Lou, claims, "he's schizophrenic").

Thankfully, I was able to get another person from David G's crew.

The big conference here now is Yoga Journal. These people are highly demanding. Plus they use unbelievable amounts of natural products--supplements, foods, soaps, you name it. You can read about their stay at the Yoga Journal blog.

Also, I know which cabin Annette Bening is staying in.